Thursday, January 23, 2014

Social Studies (Patriotism): I fought for you.

My friend just sent me this video about patriotism.  I get disgusted sometimes by the lack of understanding and patriotism in my classes when we say the Pledge of Allegiance.  I truly believe that most students and probably adults realize the sacrifice that was made on our behalf.  This video shows a grandfather who teaches his grandchildren a lesson by taking them to watch a film from World War II.  Like many kids they start off with headphones and Ipods in their ears not giving much attention.  As the film goes on, they start to take notice of events and unplug from that which isn't important.  We end the video with military veterans saying "We fought for you."  This video would be an excellent one to show your students during patriotic times.

Grade Level:  K-12
Subject:  Social Studies (Patriotism)
Time:  4:40

No comments:

Post a Comment